Zippo Barcroft No. 4, 1953


The Zippo Barcroft is the proud successor of the Zippo #10 which was produced till 1953. The Zippo Barcroft was manufactured between 1953 and 1979 in Bradford, United States and also in Canada. One often refers to it as the 4th edition or version of the Barcroft Table Lighter which is a simple combination of a traditional Zippo lighter insert and an attachable pedestal base. It was made in various finishes like: brass, polished chrome and the most popular steel satin finish.

This Zippo table lighter was often used as a promotional gadget for different organizations and occasions. In many cases a logo of a very known brand on the Barcroft will add value to it. For example a Barcroft with a Coca Cola logo might cost above $600. Other less valuable examples are: USS (United States Steel), Chrysler or Ford.

The lighter insert can be removed from the pedestal and used as a normal Zippo pocket lighter. The base is padded with black felt. The Zippo lighter insert is marked:


ZIPPO MFG. CO. BRADFORD, PA.
MADE IN ZIPPO U.S.A.
PAT. 2517191 (R)

Type: wick (petrol) lighter

Scarcity: uncommon

Value for goodmint condition: $90.00–140.00 (approx €60.00–100.00)

Weight: 308 grams (0.68 pounds)

Dimensions:
  • height: 8.4 cm (3.3")
  • width: 5.5 cm (2.2")
  • depth: 4.1 cm (1.6")

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

value of 1979 ryder cup barcroft? Mint in Box
Pepe

Anonymous said...

I have a Zippo Barcroft Liberty Bell 1776-1976 table lighter, still in orgin box and papers. Could you tell what it might be worth?

Holland L. Green said...

I have a "Poor Old Pete" Zippo Barcroft Lighter, and I know nothing about it besides that it is very rare. I am trying to find out more about it. If you could please help me out in finding out something about it, I would very much appreciate your help.

Contact: deadzombiesanywhere@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

i know someone who has a two step gold plate barcroft zippo table lighter. mint condition still in box and never been used.

Martin I said...

Great blog man! I have a Model 3, just finished restoring it back to working order it was ROUGH when I bought it! Love these old lighters!

Unknown said...

I'll buy your barcroft ....mbzslk1@gmail.com

curious said...

I have a #3 Bancroft zippo table lighter in ment condition with box an paper work with the liberty bell bicentinial engraved any prices for me I think it's worth 700 to 900 any answers???

Post a Comment