Rosenthal Marktredwitz Electric Table Lighter, 1946

The Rosenthal Marktredwitz Table Lighter was made in the second half of the 1940s, perhaps in the year 1946 by Rosenthal Porzellan AG in Marktredwitz, Germany (U.S. occupied zone). Previously the fabric was called "Porzellanfabrik Thomas & Ens" and was founded in 1904 by Fritz Thomas. But only five years later, the porcelain factory, by then called "F. Thomas, Marktredwitz", was acquired by Rosenthal and since then it was a Rosenthal's Division.

The table lighter has an electric filament (manufacturer unknown) and a push-button mechanism. When the button on the left is pushed the coiled element on the top glows. It was only made in the 110/220 volt version they were used at home and in public places. They were connected to the electrical source via cable. The body of the electrical lighter is made of Rosethal's porcelain lacquered in brown and white. On the front one can see an oriental picture.

Marked on the bottom:

Scarcity: rare

Value for very good–mint condition: $60.00–75.00 (approx €40.00–50.00)

Weight: 250 grams (0,55 pounds), without cable

  • height: 9.0 cm (3.5") 
  • diameter: 7.0 cm (2.8") 


Post a Comment